Ok, so my names is actually Slater. I am from a small Mississippi town and am now in my first year of college. I have started writing because I really think this will help me with the stress I have here. First off, you can do anything you want now. College is all about free choice. I can choose to not do anything one week and party every night. I can choose to sleep in every morning. The choice is mine. I love this. It allows me to gain self control and exercise it every second. For example, instead of doing homework I have decided to create a blog. It feels good. I really want to give you the back story behind the name of this blog though. All the rest of that crap was just to tell you who I am.
Basically I started playing with my friends outside alot around the age of six. We played tag and hide and seek all the time. After a while we got bored with those little games and started exploring all over. Eventually we found an amazing creek out behind the house. This was an old washed out creek in the middle of the woods. It was never full of water and only had about a foot deep at any one point. This was perfect for us. We grabbed rope and some little shovels and probably walked 5 miles of that creek throughout our lives, swinging on every vine and fishing for crawfish. Life was great then. There was nothing better than me, seth and clay running through those woods looking for the next obstacle to tackle. We feared nothing. We craved that next hardship just because we knew we not only would get through but that if it was hard enough we could tell a story about it. There is no way you could tell where fact and fiction separated in those stories. The power of those stories resonates still today with all of us. We all grew up and separated into our own groups but I could still call one of them up and say "remember the creek walks?" I wouldn't get an answer immediately I would have to let them bask in the nostalgia. They then would simply reply yes. That would be all that needed to be said. We would, for the next day or so, just think of those stories. Those are the stories that will be here. My creek walks. The ones now and the ones from childhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment